The main objective of this subject is for you to develop the knowledge and skills required to design and adhere to a fitness training program that targets your personal fitness goals.
To develop these skills and knowledge we will follow the process below:
- Investigate some background concepts required to train effectively for fitness and achieve a class goal (complete The Stampede). – Components of Fitness, Training Principles and Methods of Training (OneNote Activities).
- Test individual fitness levels and identify class goals.
- Write and implement a class training program.
- Compete in The Stampede
- Reflect on our training, performance and measure fitness improvements – Complete individual Athlete Profile (Assignment – Part A) and Fitness Profile base on post Stampede results (Excel Fitness Profile).
- Write a six-week personal fitness program. (Planning My Program & Assignment Part B)
- Write a justification and summary of personal training program (to refine and demonstrate the required knowledge and skills – Assignment Part C – Full Assignment Task Sheet)
- Complete short answer exam in exam block (Wednesday 4 December – 9:00am).