Really excited about the day ahead this Saturday. The students have been training really well. Four students completed the 10km road running course last Thursday and most other students completed 7-8km – which is a great achievement.
Final information and some additional waivers to sign (sorry) are included in the Parent Letter 3 to be given to students at school on Wednesday 22 October – Please read and return forms to me by Friday.
We have 17 students competing in two teams:
- Red Team: Compete in the morning & Volunteer 12:00pm to 5:00pm
- Blue Team: Volunteer 7:30am – 1:00pm and compete in the afternoon.
These shifts do start a little earlier than anticipated so we will have an early start:
Transport Arrangements – Mini Bus:
- Departure: 4:30am Traralgon College Bus Area – Senior Campus
- Return: 7:00pm Traralgon College Bus Area – Senior Campus
Student Requirements before the day:
- Read the Participant Guide
- Read the Volunteer Guide and Induction Information
- Know (write down and bring) their Bib Number (eg. 8276)
- Read and Sign the participant and volunteer agreement / waiver forms – and get parents/guardians to do so and return directly to me (Mark Seijbel).
On the day students should bring:
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Comfortable pants & enclosed shoes such as joggers
- You will be provided with a Stampede Volunteer shirt to wear and keep
- Light rain jacket, small back pack and a chair (optional for your own comfort)
- Any forms or waivers not returned previously.
- Snacks (Fruit, Musli Bars…), packed Lunch and/or money for addition food and merchandise. I have been informed some food will be provided (probably a salad roll)- but this would not be enough for the lenght of time we will now be away for.
Note: All students are required to work their volunteer shift. This is a great opportunity to experience the officiating side of such an event and was a condition of receiving an $80.00 discount on the entry fee. Students who do not complete their shift (or turn up on the day will be charged $80.00). All volunteers receive a free event t-shirt. At this stage all studensts will be working on one of the water stations together for both the Red and Blue teams.