Full Video (Group A)
Really excited about the day ahead this Saturday. The students have been training really well. Four students completed the 10km road running course last Thursday and most other students completed 7-8km – which is a great achievement.
Final information and some additional waivers to sign (sorry) are included in the Parent Letter 3 to be given to students at school on Wednesday 22 October – Please read and return forms to me by Friday.
We have 17 students competing in two teams:
- Red Team: Compete in the morning & Volunteer 12:00pm to 5:00pm
- Blue Team: Volunteer 7:30am – 1:00pm and compete in the afternoon.
These shifts do start a little earlier than anticipated so we will have an early start:
Transport Arrangements – Mini Bus:
- Departure: 4:30am Traralgon College Bus Area – Senior Campus
- Return: 7:00pm Traralgon College Bus Area – Senior Campus
Student Requirements before the day:
- Read the Participant Guide
- Read the Volunteer Guide and Induction Information
- Know (write down and bring) their Bib Number (eg. 8276)
- Read and Sign the participant and volunteer agreement / waiver forms – and get parents/guardians to do so and return directly to me (Mark Seijbel).
On the day students should bring:
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Comfortable pants & enclosed shoes such as joggers
- You will be provided with a Stampede Volunteer shirt to wear and keep
- Light rain jacket, small back pack and a chair (optional for your own comfort)
- Any forms or waivers not returned previously.
- Snacks (Fruit, Musli Bars…), packed Lunch and/or money for addition food and merchandise. I have been informed some food will be provided (probably a salad roll)- but this would not be enough for the lenght of time we will now be away for.
Note: All students are required to work their volunteer shift. This is a great opportunity to experience the officiating side of such an event and was a condition of receiving an $80.00 discount on the entry fee. Students who do not complete their shift (or turn up on the day will be charged $80.00). All volunteers receive a free event t-shirt. At this stage all studensts will be working on one of the water stations together for both the Red and Blue teams.